Hi,

Przemysław Czerpak wrote:
Perhaps copy-paste from some of my contrib RDDS. BTW, why RDD has
this in symbol table?

It's necessary for *_GETFUNCTABLE function which is accessed from
hb_rddRegister() by global symbol table.

Yes, but this answers why f.e. DBFCDX_GETFUNCTABLE is included into symbol table in dbfcdx1.c. But why DBFCDX is also in symbol table? I can not find any usage of this symbol in hb_rddRegister().

All non static functions from linked .prg module are automatically
registered in global symbol table so I guess you are talking about
C code.

Yes, you are right. I should remember myself, that his effect happens
if functions are implemented in C.

Do you think it will be a good practice to add a define like:
  #define HB_CAIRO_REQUEST_EXTERN
  #include "hbcairo.ch"
and put request for all library functions into hbcairo.ch inside ifdef?

Define name can have another structure is this is not suitable: HB_CAIRO_EXTERN, HB_CAIRO_REQUEST_LIBRARY, HB_EXTERN_CAIRO, etc.

Regards,
Mindaugas