> I already did some month ago ( search for "New SQL classes #1" ) but
> everything "stopped" around class vs RDD.

It was in 2008 October ;) So maybe the topic could
need some actualization.

Most importantly we have (thanks to Mindaugas) RDDSQL
since (committed in 2008 December), which gives us a
very nice and natural base for accessing SQL (or in
fact any 3rd party) data sources.

In fact by now we have a base driver for all SQL
vendors you mention except DB2, well, and ADO. [ But
seeing the "huge" interest in touching RDDADO,
maybe this isn't such a miss. Perhaps we could have
and sddusr and ado implemented as .prg SDD. ]

We also have the naming right.

> Even the programming style can be very different, f.e. my apps are
> tbrowse centric others don't use tbrowse at all.
>
> IMHO what we call xBase doesn't exist. I don't see many similarities
> between Harbour, Visual FoxPro and Visual Object beyond few reserved
> names so it seems quite difficult to extend Harbour beyond the Clipper
> known "spaces".

Sorry but I cannot remember the exact discussion
details, we also had a enormous amount of development,
plus quite possibly lots of new followers since then,
so it'd still be great if you could "reopen" the topic
with that (and RDDSQL) in mind.

Brgds,