Viktor Szakáts wrote:

> If you notice such problem, you need to provide an
> example or test it yourself. There is just little
> point in guessing around.

This is what I could not do.
The OLE code touches a licensed component
and to provide such code I had to provide the component too.

F.e. I had a GPFs in perfectly valid Harbour code
(HB_RUN(), WAPI_SHELLEXECUTE(), HB_GTI_CLIPBOARD*)
the other week and instead of bringing it here to
the list without any pointers (like test code),
I made my local research and finally fixed it by
freshly rebuilding all components, which in the
case of this release I forgot.

I'm not saying this will fix your case, but before
trying to raise GPFs here, it's good to sort out
all possibilities locally (I know it's painful).

Believe me, it took me full 2 days to figureout
what exactly went wrong and what is working solution.

Just tell me, if in a class I change these lines:

CLASS ActivLabel
   ACCESS backColor             INLINE ::oActiveX:backColor
   ASSIGN backColor( nRGB )  INLINE ::oActiveX:backColor := nRGB
   ENDCLASS

CLASS ActivLabel
   METHOD backColor( nRGB )  SETGET
   ENDCLASS

METHOD ActivLabel:backColor( nRGB )
   if hb_isNumeric( nRGB )
      ::oActiveX:backColor := nRGB
   endif
   RETURN ::oActiveX:backColor

What should I look into my code and in what way.

It's warning sign if you find GPF is plain obvious
places like INLINE (or HB_RUN()), that the problem
is likely not in Harbour, otherwise someone would
have stumbled upon it, especially since March 15.

I do not say there is a problem in Harbour.
May be this is an issue with how an OLE object
contained in an instance variable of a class is treated.
It is a specialized behavior and may be reproducable
in an ordinary instance.

May be this can help to understand from other angle:
In Shum's example:
If an instance variable is containing another object and is
created in a .dll, the main .exe code cannot set its properties.
This is not an exact problem what I faced, but may lead to
resolution.

Przemek pointed to some problem points inside GTWVG
code. I also touched this code lately to fix remaining
OLE problems, so you may review/test them.

BTW you can pretty easily sort out GTWVG if you
restore pre-March 15 version and retest your app.

It is not a problem of GTWVG at all. My applications are
running fine with latest SVN. The only problem I faced is with
above like code and these were reported by my clients after I
posted Vouch compiled with Apr 04 Harbour.

It is true I should have checked it with some Harbour after
Mar15, but because of so much of development processes,
I cannot do so.

-----
     enjoy hbIDEing...
        Pritpal Bedi