Hi,

On 2010.05.04 16:58, Pritpal Bedi wrote:
After any cursor movement, block is not marked any more :( I've rebuild
the whole contrib, and hbide. Maybe I have to do something more?
This is valid for block selection mode.
Stream selection does not have it.
If it is block selection mode, it is persistent, I have again checked it,
and behaves correct. No other setting is required except that
"Toggle Selection Mode" icon should be visible depressed.

Please let me know my observation is ok or not.

OK, I've understood the misunderstanding.

I just call selection modes:
1) Line
2) Stream
3) Column

In all 3 cases the selected part of is called block. In this case "selection" is a synonym to "selected block" or just "block". Just look at Menu->Edit->Block. I expect these actions to be valid for all selection modes, not only column blocks. I guess you understand word "block" the same way, because these menu items were implemented before column blocks.

So, it would nice to have persistent blocks for all three selection modes. Though, I guess, this requires some tricks like subclassing at C++ level, etc.

Regards,
Mindaugas