Mindaugas Kavaliauskas escribió:
> Hi,
>

>> Please could you tell me how to create the index in memory and then
>> flush to disk?
>
> OrdCreate("mem:file.ext", ...)
> I've sent C code for copying file from/to memory a few days ago.
Ok, thanks!
I add MEMORY a command INDEX , And I'll post later the results on
indices of memory.

>>> These crea() threads do not help to do any valuable job. Function
>>> aCreateIndexe() starts a separate crea() thread for each index tag,
>>> but indexes are not created in parallel, because only one thread has
>>> attached area.
>>>
>> Is it possible to improve this aspect?
>
> You can copy body of crea() into aCreateIndexe() and do not create a
> separate thread. It will save a small overhead of thread
> creation/synchronization, but it will be not significant.

Ok.

>> Under Windows, usndo ProcessXP, I could see the threads of the indices
>> only run one at a time, while the rest is waiting ....
>
> Of cause. Did you expect your code to behave in a different way?...
I thought he reindex all at once ;-)
The reason is because only one index reindex a table, while the others
wait, I do not know.
I need to save time when re-indexing on the servers, because we handle a
lot of information in the tables, over 12 GB in total.

Regards
Rafa Carmona