"$ZGETSYI() is not a GT.M function."

As others have said $ZGETSYI is in the ZOSVGTM distribution of VistA.  Does
this need to be corrected?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of K.S. Bhaskar
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 8:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Volume Sets

$ZGETSYI() is not a GT.M function.  $ZTRNLNM("HOSTNAME") or
$ZTRNLNM("HOST") should do the trick assuming that $HOSTNAME and/or $HOST are
set in the environment (as both are on my laptop; bash provides $HOSTNAME and
csh provides $HOST according to the manuals; it's easy enough to ensure that
both are set in the environment).

If the unlikely scenario that the environment does not include $HOST or
$HOSTNAME, you can use something like the following (1 line in vintage M
programmer format, so ignore line breaks introduced by e-mail):

GTM>N f S f="/tmp/VistA"_$J_".tmp" ZSY "hostname -s >"_f O f U f R h U
$P C f:DELETE K f W h
bhaskark

-- Bhaskar

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 15:34, Nancy E. Anthracite wrote:
> I knew right after I hit the send key that I should have listed you to
> ask for help since there was a good chance you would be the first to answer.
>
> I get the same thing on my "out of date" Fedora Core 2 installation
> when I ask for $ZGETSYI("NODENAME"), but the ZOSV being used in OV3
> its not from ZOSVGTM.m.  The relevant section of _ZOSV.m that is being
> used (I think), there is
>
> GETENV ;Get environment Return Y='UCI^VOL^NODE^BOX LOOKUP'
>  N %HOST,%V S %V=^%ZOSF("PROD"),%HOST=$$RETURN("hostname -s")  S
> Y=$TR(%V,",","^")_"^"_%HOST_"^"_$P(%V,",",2)_":"_%HOST
>  ;
>
>  So now maybe we need help from the recent traveler to Poland on
> $ZGETSYI("NODENAME").
>
> Just from experimentation, though, I think it is safe to say that I
> know where the hostname -s coming from in my system.  I am just not
> sure where the volume is coming from except that it is supposed to be
> the same in
> ^%ZOSF("PROD") as in ^%ZOSF("VOL") as best I can tell by looking at
> the code somewhere else, but I don't know where I found it off hand.
> Anyway, I was trying to figure out what determines ^%ZOSF("PROD"), and
> I do not know how one goes about figuring that out. I looked at the
> Data dictionary for volume set and uci association, and I  know what
> everything I am looked at means, but I saw no mention of ZOSF in there.
>
> On Sunday 21 November 2004 01:18 pm, Lloyd Milligan wrote:
> > I'm not sure what the question is but it is the so-called "box" name
> > that refers to something outside VistA.  In the old GT.M / VistA
> > environment that I am running (Red Hat 7.1 and  GT.M V4.3-001A) the
> > box value comes from 'hostname -s' via a GT.M zsystem call.
> > However, kernel patch 275 has $ZGETSYI("NODENAME").  When I try
> > this, GT.M says -
> >
> >     %GTM-E-FNOTONSYS, Function or special variable is not supported
> > by this operating system
> >
> > Lloyd

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential and/or privileged
information intended only for the person(s) named.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly
prohibited.

NOTE: Ce courriel est destine exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionne(s)
ci-dessus et peut contenir de l'information privilegiee, confidentielle et/ou
dispensee de divulgation aux termes des lois applicables. Si vous avez recu ce
message par erreur, ou s'il ne vous est pas destine, veuillez le mentionner
immediatement a l'expediteur et effacer ce courriel.