Kevin, pure guesses, but did you give your providers the ORES key for doc.
The description of the key is:

This key is given to users that are authorized to write orders in the chart.
Users with this key can verify with their electronic signature patient
orders. This key is typically given to licensed Physicians. Orders entered by
users with this key can be released to the ancillary service for immediate
action. DO NOT give users both the ORES key and the ORELSE key.