Mano,

I don't think an apology is needed for your mention of the 'warts' on
DHCP/VistA.  Yours is an old classical song on the stage of VistA, a ballad
born of a pain which isn't going to go away.

Remember, Mano, ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny. So, also is the path to
VistA a matter of reliving the past to a great extent.  Unfortunately the
DNA in VistA has not preserved many things that were considered to be
"one-time" artifacts (e. G. documentation for instance) of then current
operations.

....and, then there is the lack of centralized management in DHCP???   :-)

Even so, from a discrete distance VistA is a beautiful thing to behold.  I
love her--warts and all.

Regards,

Richard.