For example, under VMSEDT, you should see something like this

CHOOSE 1-2: 1  VMSEDT
ANOTHER ONE:
STANDARD CAPTIONED OUTPUT? Yes//   (Yes)
Include COMPUTED fields:  (N/Y/R/B): NO//  - No record number (IEN), no
Computed
 Fields

NAME: VMSEDT                            ACTIVATION CODE FROM DIWE: G
^XTEDTVXD
  OK TO RUN TEST: I ^%ZOSF("OS")["VAX"

The routine is XTEDTVXD.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time for a more detailed response right
now.
--- "Ismet Kursunoglu, MD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > There is an ALTERNATE EDITOR file (I think I got the name right)
> that
> > provides a platform independent mechanism for invoking editors
> (much  as
>
> This is what I found. I am running GT.M V5.0-FT01 Linux x86 (under
> debian-pure64 sid with emulation) and VistA FOIA20050227 from
> Bhaskar.
>
> **********
> OUTPUT FROM WHAT FILE: ALTERNATE EDITOR//
>
>    -A- SEARCH FOR ALTERNATE EDITOR FIELD: ?
>      Answer with FIELD NUMBER, or LABEL
>     Choose from:
>     .01          NAME
>     1            ACTIVATION CODE FROM DIWE
>     2            OK TO RUN TEST
>     3            RETURN TO CALLING EDITOR
>     7            DESCRIPTION   (word-processing)
>

>    -A- SEARCH FOR ALTERNATE EDITOR FIELD:
> **********
>
> Would it be possible to evoke ZEDIT and have it display for example
> with
>   Mailman or for that matter anywhere else in VistA? I would think
> not.
>
> > On Jun 6, 2005, at 6:16 AM, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> >
> >> Ismet --
> >>
> >> Set the EDITOR environment variable before starting GT.M to point
> >> any editor.  When ZEDIT "function" is invoked from inside GT.M,
> it
> >> will start the editor pointed to by $EDITOR, e.g.:
> >>
> >> source /usr/local/gtm/gtmprofile
> >> export EDITOR=`which vim`
> >> mumps -dir
>
> >> I am not sure, however, whether VistA invokes an editor with
> ZEDIT.
> >> I don't know why it is presenting VMSEDT as a choice for  GT.M on
> >> Linux. What happens if you take that choice?
>
> That was from the OpenForum server - I am not sure what systems they
> are
> running under. When I use that it evokes an editor that looks like
> this
>
> Select MailMan Menu Option: SML  Send a Message
>
> Subject: testing
> You may enter the text of the message...
>    1>This is just a test to see what the VMSEDT option sets for the
> editor.
>    2>
> EDIT Option: ?
>       Choose, by first letter, a Word Processing Command
>       or type a Line Number to edit that line.
> EDIT Option:
> Send mail to: KURSUNOGLU,ISMET//   KURSUNOGLU,ISMET
>

> --
> Ismet B. Kursunoglu, MD, FCCP
> Medical Director
> Alaska Clinic, LLC
> 3750 Country Field Circle, UNIT B
> Wasilla, Alaska 99654
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (907)357-7240

A practical man is a man who practices the errors of his forefathers.
--Benjamin Disraeli
====
Greg Woodhouse