I would say that with what is going on right now, we need a workaround, soon.
So if the purist in you can be suppressed for a bit, perhaps you would like
to suggest one? ;-)

BTW Thurman, I too use Paperport, but I would love a nice seamless link to
VistA and CPRS.  I have thought of barcoding and scanning for easy entry and
all sorts of tweaks, but a nice, simple, work around right now would be
great.