Don't think you are missing anything. What we need is someway to link a
patient, ideally a visit, to a server that contains pdf files, so that that
clicking on the link produces/retrieves the image(s).

You are correct it is a much less than needed for a PAC system. One thought
I had is click a link that loads "path\yourimage1.pdf" and displays on
screen. However, it gets sort of complicated. Maybe it (path) could be
stored in a multiple.

I am not into templates enough to predict if this strategy can work. I hope
to be there soon. I have a hunch it won't, or someone would have it solved.
Just thinking operationally - not a programmer.

thurman