Well, the paraphrase is apt, but misses my fundamental point.  You raise an
important behavior of complex systems that leads into the subject of
"emergent properties"--a matter for beyond the scope of this discussion.

The "master" program and the program developer do not know anything about
the 'message' process.  That process is fully, completely
hidden--encapsulated.  Thus, reading the Master Program phrase that invoked
another program does NOT tell the reader what will happen when the
invocation is acted upon by some final recipient program.  The invocation in
OOP is truly indeterminate, or at lease may be so.  That is what makes it
hard for me to discuss this with others.  At best, the reader of an OOP
Master program may develop a belief about what may happen, an conjecture at
best.  Consider an example--the effects of inheritance can not be known by
the reader of a Master Program in an OOP system based on the invoking
phrase--the call is indeterminate.

Some notes:

Message paths can ramify, they are not restricted to single thread.

The message process is where inheritance rules are implemented.

Some message processing may be driven by things like: which hardware capable
of acting on the message is least busy?

Because the message path can ramify, I prefer to speak about the "message
switch" mechanism that mediates between Master Programs and invoked
programs.  The term "message agent" comes into use here with a broader
semantic that message switch.

Regards,

Richard.