Well when what you have is available as open source free, then it will not be
necessary to discuss other solutions.

The VA is also producing a solution that is cross platform and Jim Self is
working in that direction as well.  Until then, I see not reason not to
pursue this if the funding becomes available.  There are developing counties
and perhaps US users that will be happy to have.