Bhaskar,

I have downloaded the .tar file and expanded it into
/usr/local/gtm_5.0000D and created a link from /usr/local/gtm to this
new directory.

I am now trying to follow the instructions in the database migration
technical bulletin.  But I am already lost.
http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/user_documentation/V5_0-000D_docset/GTM_Database_Migration.html

I am trying to follow the "traditional" path, and the first step is

"Using DSE, increase the Reserved Bytes parameter in each database
file header by 8 (UNIX) or 9 (OpenVMS)."

I have never used DSE before, so this is new territory.
I got all my environmental variables set up, and then run dse.  I get

%GTM-E-GDINVALID, Unrecognized Global Directory file format:
/var/local/OpenVistA_UserData/g/mumps.gld, expected label:
GTCGBDUNX005, found: GTCGBDUNX003
[EMAIL PROTECTED] gtm]$

Does this mean I need to somehow upgrade from a version "3" to version
"5" first?  I thought that is what I was trying to do?

Thanks
Kevin