On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 08:58 -0500, Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
> Bhaskar,
>
> I have downloaded the .tar file and expanded it into
> /usr/local/gtm_5.0000D and created a link from /usr/local/gtm to this
> new directory.
>
> I am now trying to follow the instructions in the database migration
> technical bulletin.  But I am already lost.
> http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/user_documentation/V5_0-000D_docset/GTM_Database_Migration.html
>
> I am trying to follow the "traditional" path, and the first step is
>
> "Using DSE, increase the Reserved Bytes parameter in each database
> file header by 8 (UNIX) or 9 (OpenVMS)."
>
> I have never used DSE before, so this is new territory.
> I got all my environmental variables set up, and then run dse.  I get
>
> %GTM-E-GDINVALID, Unrecognized Global Directory file format:
> /var/local/OpenVistA_UserData/g/mumps.gld, expected label:
> GTCGBDUNX005, found: GTCGBDUNX003
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] gtm]$

[KSB] You should use the DSE from your current version of GT.M.  Steps 1
through 4 require the use of your current version of GT.M.  Step 5 & up
use the new version of GT.M.

DSE is documented in the Admin & Ops Guide
(http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/user_documentation/AdminOpsUNIX/UNIX_A_O/index.html).

Regards
-- Bhaskar