Kevin --

Your region is whatever you defined it as being. The environment variable $gtmgbldir should point to a global directory file. The global directory maps global variable names to regions, regions to segments and segments to files. So, point gtmgbldir to your global directory.

By the look of your questions, a quick trip through the exercises on GT.M Acculturation live CD (downloadable from http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanchez-gtm) may be in order. There is a good amount of space devoted to the concept of global directories.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

Kevin Toppenberg wrote:

Bhaskar,

Thanks for your help so far.  I am now stuck on step 2, where I run
dbcertify on the database.
-------------------------------
According the the GT.M database migration file, the
Syntax is:

 dbcertify scan [-outfile=fn] [-report_only] <db-region-name>
 dbcertify certify <scan-phase-outfile>

The DBCERTIFY utility certifies a V4 database as being ready for
upgrade to V5. This is a 2-phase process, consisting of a scan phase
and a certify phase.

dbcertify scan [-o[utfile]=filename] [-r[eport_only]] region_name

I am a littly fuzzy on database "Regions" but it seems in the past
that "*" has worked for this.  So I tried:

dbcertify scan "*"
%GTM-E-NOREGION, REGION not found: *

How do I figure out what my "region" should be?
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kevin