I might also mention that the Administrative and Operations Guide is available
on my server as one big document so that it can be searched stem to stern
with one search. I stitched it together with Acrobat way back when.   I have
not done that search for RESERVED BYTES yet, but that might help.  I looked
the old fashioned way by reading a printed copy.  If anyone wants it, it is
at
http://opensourcevista.net:8888/NancysVistAServer/AdminOperationsManGTM.pdf