That statement that VistA is platform independent is not totally accurate.  The VistA Kernel application is the interface to the platform on which VistA runs.  The Kernel supports several OS implementations as well as several M implementations.  If you run it on those that are supported by the VA Kernel, then you should have little to no problems

On 6/2/06, Jim Self <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nancy wrote:
>The online VA Demo can be placed on your own machine by downloading it and
>following the instructions found in the same directory.  At the moment, it
>only runs on Cache and Windows.
>
>http://opensourcevista.net:8888/NancysVistAServer/VADemo12-5-06/

I don't think that that restriction is strictly true. Certainly, CPRS runs only on
M$Windows, but we have had a GT.M loadable version of this VistA version for quite a
while. I am pretty sure that someone has configured it to run CPRS.

I loaded it onto a private server for use with M2Web. I intended to put it up for
demonstration on the web because it has a more interesting database of demo patients than
any of the other VistA distributions, but I got sidetracked with other projects.

Jim Self
Systems Architect, Lead Developer
VMTH Computer Services, UC Davis
(http://www.vmth.ucdavis.edu/us/jaself)

Steven McPhelan
"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done." -- Scott Adams