By grabbing the lock I was trying to make sure it was not already locked. By
releasing the lock multiple times I was trying to make sure that the
following was not happening since I was not using the LKE utility before.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> gtm

GTM>L +^TIU(8925,18):0 I $T W "LOCKED"
LOCKED                                     <<LKE confirms lock>>
GTM>D ^XUP

Setting up programmer environment
This is a TEST account.

Access Code:

Terminal Type set to: C-VT320

You have 69 new messages.
Select OPTION NAME:
GTM>L +^TIU(8925,18):0 I $T W "LOCKED"
LOCKED                                        <<LKE confirms lock>>
GTM>L -^TIU(8925,18)               <<LKE still shows lock>>

GTM>L -^TIU(8925,18)                <<Now LKE confirms unlock>>

GTM>S DA=18,DIK="^TIU(8925,"

GTM>D ^DIK

It hangs.......

And LKE's status at this point is as given below
LKE> show

DEFAULT
^TIU(8925,18) Owned by PID= 3465 which is an existing process

There seems to be only one database region DEFAULT.

Regards
Usha