"Lack of standards". Didn't have GPS on cells 4-5 years ago did we now? No!

Makes me think of how my grandma couldn't get it through her head to dial "1" before calling outside the area code. "In my day we just picked up the phone & told the woman where we wanted to call." damn phone company couldn't just "know" where she wanted to call or leave it the way it was???

Times change, growing pains occur, assuming no gross negligence, learn & move on.

Wayne Johnson wrote:
At 03:15 PM 3/23/2005, Carroll Kong typed:

Oh, if it only activates during 911, then sounds like a good idea.

My cell phone has GPS & I can set it to work only with 911 calls or not so why can't Vonage do something similar ?

----------+---------- Wayne D. Johnson Ashland, OH, USA 44805 <http://www.wavijo.com>