[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Brian,

Thanks. A toasted mobo is my working theory. I am hesitant to transfer the disks because they are RAIDs. I don't want to screw up the data if it is recoverable.

Further strangeness -- I can boot to a floppy and then access the CDROM. But I
cannot get it to boot from the CD. The BIOS boot sequence seems to see the two
RAIDs. The SATA RAID set up says the disks are okay. I have not been able to
find a diagnostic for the IDE RAID.

Not the way I was planning on spending my friday/weekend/week.

Thanks for the input.

Jim Maki
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would research to see how far you can go without potentially damaging your SATA RAID. After researching that, try this.

You did need to isolate the problems. Disconnect all the SATA drives and try to boot up a CDROM. If you have a Knoppix CD even better. Booting from a CDROM should have nothing to do with NTLDR so it seems like your motherboard is not booting in the proper sequence. It might even be some silly BIOS bug.

If that still fails, try temporarily disabling the SATA in the BIOS and try to boot off of the CDROM, but I am not sure how SATA RAIDs work so not sure if that will destroy your RAID at all. It would be silly for it to do so, but it would not surprise me.

This is just to at least isolate the issue as a motherboard issue or corrupted data.

--

- Carroll Kong