I don't know. There's still a lot of things that closed source stuff can do that open source can't. And, to a small extent, there are some really good open-source products that totally kick most closed source apps. Most of the small firewall distributions kick ass. I'd rather deploy m0n0wall than put in a small PIX or Sonicwall.

When I can lock down Windows machines with central policies like I can with AD, then I'll be impressed.

Mesdaq, Ali wrote:
I think that all depends on the company and the knowledge of the IT
staff. If the IT staff understands business requirements and
productivity issues then they can build solutions that make people more
productive thus bringing or saving more money in the long run. MS
products give the ability to be extremely collaborative but you just
have to know what you're doing. You can probably achieve the same from
open source but you have to know what you're doing to a much higher
degree.