Modified Toyota hybrids have been known to give 250 Miles/gallon.

Cost of modification is about $14,000

007.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Hayes Elkins
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 12:57 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: RE: [H] Gas prices

It's getting near $3 here in metro DC.

I get a particular feeling of cynicism when I see soccer moms spend over
$120 to fill up a useless land barge who's closest activity to off roading
was encountering a DC pothole on the way to Starbucks. The "Support Our
Troops" stickers usually affixed adds to the irony. No, moron, you are not
supporting our troops, you are supporting terror-funding, filthy Arab
regimes who support our troops' ENEMIES through proxy.

For those keeping score on fuel efficient vehicles, the VW TDI's get the
best real world gas mileage - more than the hybrids. Don't blame Toyota for
their false MPG ratings, blame the incompetents at the EPA for that. Too bad
that TDI's wont give you the government perks a Prius buys you.