I am all about Ethanol. Unfortunately in the US the corn farmers are pushing
for it. Making Ethanol from Corn is the most inefficient way of doing it, and
supposedly yeilds less energy than what was spent in producing it.

Making Ethanol from sugar cane, as Brazil has done, makes MORE energy than what
was spent in producing it, and has limited Brazil's dependance on foreign oil.