I would like to burn ISO images directly from my hard drive to DVD's. I have Acronis True Image and I have Nero 6.6.

I notice that Acronis burns images to a .tib file. Is this a proprietary thing on their part?

I could read through the help files for Acronis and Nero, but I want to hear it simple and from actual users.

My goal and objective is to burn images directly from a hard drive partition to a DVD. I am not picky about which file extension I use so .tib will be ok. I feel ISO is more common.

Should I use Nero, Acronis or some other application?

Can the burn be done directly from the partition to the DVD without first burning an image onto a hard drive partition? I would like for the burning process to prompt me for each blank DVD when it fills up each one on large burns.

I like Acronis because it has allowed me to burn a bootable recovery CD. I want the ability to burn an image of a C Drive with Windows XP installed and be able to copy that data back to a freshly formatted partition and it work. This would constitute a recovery DVD even if the process has to be started with a bootable CD.

Any advice here will be deeply appreciated.

Chuck