xp's fw does both just isn't very communicative but I have had it pop up messages for outbound and what do you want to do, setting for that some where.

NVidia is HW based and the only one I messed with I turned off cause it was causing connection problems.

I just run behind a good router and use windows FW FWIW.
fp

At 10:34 AM 9/19/2005, Bobby Heid Poked the stick with:
I do not think that you should use the XP firewall.  IIRC, it has to do with
either it only blocks incoming or outgoing, I can't remember which one.
Whereas most other software firewalls can block in both directions.

Bobby

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !