Yeah, deja vu all over again. My kids loaded Limewire on their box and now, of course, the thing is bogged down with garbage and needs to be cleaned out thoroughly.

So I sat down to run the SpyBot and AdAware and come to find out they had deleted the old SpyBot I had installed (v1.2 I think), so I went online and d/l'ed the latest version Spybot v1.4 last night. When I ran SpyBot, it id'ed a ton of problems and I told it to "fix all" without bothering to read each one listed. I had always done this with v1.2 with no problem.

Well, now after doing that, I can't get any programs to start. I can't access System Restore, or Add and Remove Programs, or even Internet Explorer. I click (double-click) on the icon or link, get the hourglass for 3 or 4 seconds then nothing happens. Hourglass disappears, and the program never runs. Nothing works.. "Open", 'Explore", nothing. I even have to hard shut-down the computer.

Any ideas how to fix this? I could at least get online before, that's how I downloaded SpyBot v1.4. After installing it, I can't even access IE.

Last hope is a complete reinstall...

thanks,

Veech