Uh huh,, and in every myth there is a bit of truth. Doesn't make it fact or factual. Nothing about the bible is anything more than the influence of events interpreted through SOME peoples values, fears & wants roiled into myth.

Indians had a god for everything and following your logic, thunder for example existing would make them right since they bothered to construct the myth.

Man, what bunch of dumb apes fearfully stumbling around in the dark we can be...

Even if ID is valid "food for thought",it belongs in a philosophy class not science and should be religious "flavor" neutral. Let's not forget that these "books" were in written by primitives with fears, ignorance & an agenda. Oh, while were talking ID, let's consider space aliens seeding the earth also.

I think now that most of us have said our peace we should drop this thread since it will accomplish nothing & change nothing. In fact most organized religious theory only serves to divide us all not on the word of deity, but the word of some other semi-evolved apes claiming to speak for a deity. Rubber room time if you did it in the modern world.

Steve wrote:
Their children will simply grow up ignorant then won't they ! If Darwin could prove just 1% of the natural world then it might be worth listening to . . . but why are Dogs no more intelligent than they were years ago, why are there still Monkeys, why have they not evolved like us ? Where did flowers come from ? How come there are still single cell organisms after all these "milions" of years ? Darwinism doesn't prove anything, all it does it suggest a possible solution to the questions man has been asking for years.

If you read the Bible and compare the rock strata with the events in the Bible, like the great flood, you see the rocks match with the Bible. Darwin couldn't explain why the rocks are how they are. Have a look at http://www.creationresearch.org/

I'll get flamed for this . . . I usually do :-) Don't shoot the messenger, go argue with God ! :-)

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Weeden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>