At 11:25 PM 21/12/2005, Gary VanderMolen wrote:
Ok, let's for a minute assume that the Creator did build the human body to last forever in perfect health. And let's assume that he prevents it from functioning that way for some reason. That doesn't make him benevolent. In fact, it makes him a really nasty bastard. I'd pass on worshipping that sort of diety.

Read the story of Adam and Eve in the garden.
It's called having free will, and making the wrong choice.

LOL! So let me get this straight. You are willing worship a being who sets up two humans with a test he knows they'll fail (he is omniscient, after all) then when they fail, punishes them AND all their descendants. Screw that. I'll stick with my Norse gods and a bit of human sacrifice. At least one can appease them. <grin>