At 10:13 AM 1/12/2006, you wrote:
I recently replaced my Modem due to having to reset often, now the modem is fine and a couple of time a week need to reset

When I activated my new Modem, Cox told me not to feel so bad, they have been supporting DOCsys 1.1 but pretty soon I was going to have to replace my old Lynksys in order to be able to get the higher speeds they were providing.

my fvs318, really hate the thought of replacing it with something inferior.

fvs ? I take it the 318 is a router.... I can't reset my Netgear 314... well, I can turn it off and on but that doesn't do anything.

I was thinking the same thing but after doing some looking around I think routers have come a long way... better interfaces, better security, built in wireless, ... and companies like Belkin, Dlink, SMC offer lifetime warranties.... where as Netgear gives you a year. Besides, the last Netgear product I bought sucked = a Gb NIC. And, of course, they are very cheap. After rebates and sales I paid 50 bucks for my Netgear 314, which, four years ago was a great price. Now for a wireless with all the same features, and more the retail is going to be $52. Plus you get a modern up to date firewall .... I think my 314s last flash was June of 01 of course I don't want to do this unless I am sure this is the problem.