http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.aspx?i=2663

How has Dell been shipping Core Duo when it didn't launch until 6 Jan?

According to Anand, the Pentium M is the Dothan/Yonah core and Core
Duo is the Sonoma/Napa core.  Unless there is something else I am
missing.

Now, they are still using the Centrino name for their new laptops but
it will be the Core Duo and a new chipset instead of Pentium-M.

--
Brian