Yes, I get that the Core Duo is just a new name for the Yonah that we
have been waiting for.  But Anand's article doesn't mention anything
that I saw about them already shipping.

This article (dated 13 Jan) says that Core Duo laptops from Dell and
others are not available yet:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28955

This article (27 Jan) says that Acer and Sony just started shipping,
but Dell, Apple, Gateway, HP, and Lenovo have not:
http://news.com.com/Intels+Core+Duo+health+causes+PC+industry+pain/2100-1006_3-6032252.html

More info on the various models and features being offered from
different vendors:
http://www.cnet.com/4520-6022_1-6410042.html

Something is not right here.  How could Dell have been shipping DC
laptops weeks ago when all the articles I was able to Google say they
are still waiting or are behind Apple?  Are the articles wrong?

Also, I really hate all these crappy codenames and marketing slogans.
Whatever happened to the good old days with simple naming conventions
and easy to compare products.  Oh wait, thats right - we don't want
the consumer to know what they are buying so they have to trust our
marketing hype.

--
Brian