Christ, you act like rootkits are unbreakable.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/RootkitRevealer.html

"RootkitRevealer successfully detects all persistent rootkits published at www.rootkit.com, including AFX, Vanquish and HackerDefender"

From: "Mesdaq, Ali" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: RE: [H] Suggested tools for helping a friend with badvirus infestation
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:02:06 -0800

I can guarantee that a infected system is unclean-able by you! Not to
question your intelligence but I think you question the malware authors
intelligence. I have setup honeypots as a matter of fact I operate
several for my company and within 1 minute a system is so infected with
unknown malware you would be astonished. And don't think I am just
checking malware against one or two AV companies. Go to
www.virustotal.com and see all the vendors. I collect malware that is
not recognized by any of all those vendors and I have to reverse
engineer it just to know that it does.

That whole nothing can stop me attitude I don't buy it and I don't
respect it in this context. If the issue is a system crash or a bug in
configuration that's where the never quite attitude is good. But in a
case where you could possibly not clean out a system and leave a
password stealing Trojan on a system the payoff is not very much when
the alternative is a reformat and 100% safe system.