At 09:02 AM 3/3/2006, warpmedia typed:
Better we work on filtering technology then creating more nuclear waste that can't be gotten rid of, only stored. Then there's the issue that a nuke plant is essentially a dirty bomb ripe to be detonated.

Not really & even if it were true do you know how many components of bombs are found in everyday life? Just ask the victim's families of the Oklahoma City bombing. Point is just because the components are there doesn't mean they make a good bomb. The components are there in your car but that doesn't mean we should stop driving. Heck one could get sun burned if precautions aren't taken. India & Japan all use nukes successfully & we're losing ground economically to them every day. I know for a fact they weren't designed to the constraints that the plants in the US were. Heck in the US plants we designed for non radiated water pipes to whiplash & the main turbine to be hit by a telephone pole during a tornado & the odds were still very very low of radiation leaks. The odds were higher if you step off a curb in bo-dunk.

Fuel-cell + Battery + Ethanol sound like they could be good tech if that's what the market was buying as a whole for cars. Add to that, Solar could be viable to power homes.

One needs sunlight for that & we certainly don't get enough of that in the northern half of the US otherwise people wouldn't suffer from blues in the winter.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>