Actually this didn't come from "the industry" but from MIT.

...but you're right about fuel cells.

On 4/2/06, Thane Sherrington (S) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 06:09 PM 01/04/2006, G.Waleed Kavalec wrote:
>It is estimated that commercial products containing capacitors based
>on CNT technology are between three and five years away.

Every time there's a "breakthrough" in battery technology, the
commercial product is a couple of years away.  Has there been any
real improvement in laptop batteries in the last three years?  I
can't think of any.  Laptops have started using less power, and have
added extra batteries, but I've yet to see the fuel-cell stuff I read
about years ago.

I think the battery industry needs to take a page from the video card
industry and stop talking about improvements until they can actually
sell me a product.

G. Waleed Kavalec
Why are we all in this handbasket
  and where is it going so fast?