-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of rls
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 11:16 AM
To: 'The Hardware List'
Subject: [H] Network, Internet Settings

Had Cox Preferred Internet Service @ 3 months of an Introductory rate - It
was really great, but cannot afford the $79/mo regular price. But the years
of feeling that DSL was superior to cable has proved me wrong. Besides Cox
is light years ahead of SBC/ATT in terms of customer service.

So I went with the SBC Download speeds up to 3.0 Mbps for $17.99 a month and
Downgraded Cox to the Value service with speeds of up to 256 Kbps at $9.95 a
month.

That way the family can have some decent download speeds, won't have to
change their email addresses. And SBC has some router issues in this area as
she cannot connect to the School Systems message board unless I ping the
location about 30 times first.

=============Equip with ==============
Have a router/modem for SBC Running on local network at 192.168.1.xxx
Have a router/modem for Cox running on local network at 192.168.2.xxx

Also have a Network Printer on local network @ 192.168.2.24x
Also have a NOS drive on local network @ 192.168.2.24x

Should I change the address of one of the router so that each is within -
lets say - 192.168.2.xxx?????

Then Should I install a second network card on the current machines with
only a single Ethernet card??????

Then would I bridge the two cards together under network connection settings
- but have cable only going to one of the cards????

Thanks