Can you ping the default gateway/router? Can the router's diagnostic page ping the laptop?

Richard Kim wrote:
I just added an Atheros 5002 mini-PCI wifi card to my laptop (Acer 340T).
I've been having troubles getting it to connect to the internet. I am using
a Netgear wgr614 v5 wireless router. I have 2 computers connected via
Ethernet cable. Keep in mind none of the connection problems occur with
these 2 computers, all the problems are with the wireless.
I am able to connect and authenticate the laptop. An IP is assigned, signal
is reported as excellent. Everything looks fine until I try to connect to
the internet or access NAS. I've disabling all encryption, MAC filters, etc
to no avail. Windows XP recognizes the card and everything seems to load
correctly. I ran the Atheros diagnosis utility and it passes all the tests.
Anything else I should be looking at? Any help is appreciated.