Title: USB devices not being released...

Hey again,

I have an external USB drive that whenever I try to "safely remove hardware" on it, I get this:

Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device
The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now.  Try stopping the device again later.

I have Ghost 10 and Acronis on this system.  Could this be stopping me from stopping the device?  If so, how can I tell those programs not to lock the drive? Right now, I have to remove it whenever I reboot the system.  I realize I could probably just pull the plug, but I do not want to risk losing any data.

If it's not Ghost or Acronis, anyone have any idea what is holding it?  There are no explorer windows open or anything.

Thanks,
Bobby