-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bryan Seitz
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 9:42 PM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] iMac arrived today...

Yeah OSX is ... *nix + good UI = productivity and fun.
I love it.

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 08:37:51PM -0500, joeuser wrote:

One word... WOW!

iMac, 20-inch, Intel Core 2 Duo
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
iWork '06 preinstalled
250GB Serial ATA Drive
SuperDrive 8X (DVD+R DL/DVD?RW/CD-RW)
Apple Wireless Keyboard & wireless Mighty Mouse + Mac OS X (US English) ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB

I cannot believe how sharp and vibrant the image is.

Some things I noticed...

Setup: What a cinch. Answer a few questions... simple stuff. Done. Everything worked. I didn't have to install or remove jack. VERY friendly. Very sexy. I took the old family pc which was salvaged Gateway mini case (tall but not as deep) and 17in CRT and put it in the boy's room. Looks so sleek. If I was using wireless I would have only one line connected to it - power. Speaking of, the power cord was soft, flexible and flat angle. Setting easily located. Firewall off by default though... not sure if that's bad or not. INet sharing through the wireless was on? Maybe I misunderstood it, but I turned it off. Heavy into the .Mac jazz but not forced down your throat. Mouse is different - it is a button basically. Has a little gray rubber ball to

scroll with.

It's very nice and I am quite happy. I can see I will be an Apple fan.

--
Cheers,
joeuser (still looking for the 'any' key)