I have seen keyloggers that look just like a bigger version of a PS/2
connector. Take a look at this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/5a05/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/7af2/

I am quite certain that if I can order those from Thinkgeek, there are
versions in use in the world by various organizations that are smaller
and could conceivably be put inside a laptop keyboard or a normal
keyboard and be very hard to detect.