From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anthony Q. Martin
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 5:56 PM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] Swaping processors

Which mobo lets you use a P4 and both dual and quad core CPUs in the same
socket?  Is this common?

rls wrote:
:: In the process of building a new pc. - To start with, I will use my
:: old Pentium 2.53 ghz processor. I will replace that in April when
:: Intel drops their prices. The old processor is single core, I will
:: replace that with either the dual or quad core.
::
::
::
:: It used to be that if you were going from a single processor to dual
:: that you had to re-install the OS as it would not properly recognize
:: the second cpu.
::
::
::
:: This new machine will run both XP and Vista - will I have to do fresh
:: installs with the new processor, or can I just pop the new processor
:: in and be off to the races?
::
::
::