Sorry, I am not fast enough. Is "who is" my tool?
Best,
Duncan

At 16:40 07/23/2007 -0400, you wrote:

Yourself?

WhoIs Lookup performed by Karen's WhoIs
The IP Address 127.0.0.1 falls within the Internet's Private or Reserved IP Address Space. If you have detected this address apparently assigned to a remote computer, the IP address
is in error or has been forged.
Details: This block is assigned for use as the Internet host loopback address. A datagram sent by a higher level protocol to an address anywhere within this block should loop back inside the host. This is ordinarily implemented using only 127.0.0.1/32 for loopback, but no addresses within this block should ever appear on any network anywhere [RFC1700, page 5].

From: "DHSinclair"
Is there any way for me to query a given machine to find out
"who" is camped out "listening to" 127.0.0.1?
I am playing with "homer."  (http://www.funkytoad.com/content/view/14/32/)
It will not start because somebody else beats homer to 127.0.0.1 for "listening."
Yes, this is another progy advised from "mvps.org" that gives out the
"hosts" files.  I am playing ATM.

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net