Scott,
Ding! Ding! Think may be the simple answer for homer not
working.  No, I do not believe I have a web server in operation
ATM. But, I am not certain either.  There may be a web server
built into my eset nod32 security app, and I do know that I did
use the HTTP setup so my server modules, the mirror, and all
clients communicate back and forth using http via port 80.
I will confirm this with netstat, but have already seen the server
connections for nod32 listed as:
10.0.0.x:2222 - RAC/RAS to client comm channel
10.0.0.x:2223 - client to RAC/RAS comm channel
10.0.0.x:2846 - RAS re-direct should I choose to duplicate the mirror
on another server (no plan to do this).
More inline below............