Winterlight wrote:
At 04:55 AM 9/28/2007, you wrote:
Winterlight wrote:

 when dual displays are becoming more the norm than the exception.
Really, where is that?

Something I read in Maximum PC, I believe.

I don't think so. What you read is that Maximum PCs are, and always have been, a big proponent of multiple displays, but it is still an esoteric use.

I like just one big canvas. So, I have basically 1600 x 1200 pixels on the left, and 1600 x 1200 on the right and the both serve as my desktop. So, which is that - single viewing area or two distinctly different views?

if they adjust independently then you have two distinct displays, but if they adjust as a single display 1600 X1200 across two monitors then it is one display view. It is up to your drivers weather you even have this choice. Matrox will allow you to do either.

Yes, I have two distinct display and nVidia will let you do both. Their support seems quite nice, to me.