similar with cox after phone install, tech found the installer had not used
outside connectors in the box.  or at least what he said, replaced the cable
ends and all has been well.

Amazing when u do nothing, have a problem and it is your fault when you call, I
tell customers to not let them randomly have you change stuff in your box when
they tell you to. how can it be working one second and down the next unless it
is them. ( not withstanding spyware or a virus of course ) or lets not forget
kids in general :-[
fp

At 11:35 AM 10/3/2007, Jeff Lane Poked the stick with:
>T,
>
>I went through a similar situation here for almost two years with Comcast.
>Random disconnects. Sounds like his are acute, though, as mine were spread out
>over much longer and varied time lengths. It sounds like he may have an
>incoming signal problem....that was the issue here. It turned out that one of
>the connectors in the underground utilities box had a very slight crack and
>even changes in barometric pressure would case an outage. It would eventually
>come back on by itself. I fought with Comcast for two years until one of my
>neighbors installed broad band and had one outage right after another, right
>out of the box. Ironically there was a Comcast truck working on the box at the
>corner, on an unrelated call, at the same time they were trying to get the
>other folks up and running. Neither could find anything until one of the got a
>flat disconnect.......then they finally agreed it was in their system! The guy
>in the box found it after an hour or so and it's been fine ever s!
 ince.

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !