Greg and j maccraw,
Thank you for the spirited pro/con discussion of domain controllers.
I do see both sides. Even sorta understand most of the rationale each
of you use.
If I can start with only one DC, I will.  It is here now and already burning
trons.  If needed, I can implement a 2d DC if/when I ever build out my
basement 'server nest' and money allows its' hardware stack.
Yes, I still have some reading to do. Clearly, both of you are talking at a
server level I do not yet grasp!  Probably, why I have not done to much with
my server. I suspect it may be nothing more than just another PC (with special
features I don't play with yet!)
Thanks for the discussion.
Best,
Duncan