Joe,
Thanks for the reply. I have read many stories on the Wilders security forum that support your observations. I just listened to the List banter of the last 2-3 years regarding the various AV products. I was using an old copy of CA's ETrust (?) but it went obsolete (no vdefs!). I decided to give nod32 a 30 day trial. I liked how tiny it was and non-bloated. Quick, quiet, efficient and really strong. Since my initials, I went with their enterprise edition and my LAN is quiet and protected. Will I get hit with something? Sure. Any AV available is not 100%, but for now I'll trust NOD32 for the next 2 years. When the v3.0 AV is finally released, I'll give it a whirl on one of my machines just for a looksee. I do like Eset's use of a fairly strong vdef database and a good heuristics module that does a good job of behavioral analysis. I also like that Eset does AV, malware, rootkits, spyware, and trojans all in one kit. Not a true HIPS, but close. There is a new full security suite (w/firewall) due out soon too. Not ready to test that though. Works for me, but as always, YMMV.
Best,
Duncan