One issue I had, and it might have been some thing I messed up. I installed my
WiFi printer (HP All in One) with a wireless Netgear router, using my laptop as
the install vehicle. The problem was if the laptop was not "on" the other
computers on the network could not communicate with the printer. The printer
would show as off line. I solved this problem, by hooking the printer to the
router with a cat 5 cable and then the network didn't "lose" the printer. I was
never really sure what was causing the problem, and the router was right at the
printer so using the cable was not an issue.

I bought the WiFi printer as I planned to put it in a different location than
it ended up. Again, never really sure if it was a "problem" or something I did
wrong in install or setup.

Hope that helps, but I doubt it. lol

Harvey

MY network is a wireless laptop and desktop and 2 wired desktops.  WiFi printer
and router. All network components are Netgear.

> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:19:54 -0700
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; hardware@hardwaregroup.com
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [H] wify printer ?
> CC:
>
> thanks
>
> At 07:08 AM 10/30/2007, Joe User Poked the stick with:
> >Hello FORC5,
> >
> >Monday, October 29, 2007, 6:39:34 PM, you wrote:
> >
> >> Have to set up a wireless printer, at the moment have no idea how the
> >> network is setup, whether a
> >> router or direct.
> >
> >> I assume this is no big deal if there is a router.
> >
> >> Fp
> >

> >Wireless printer + wireless router = Easy.
> >

> >--
> >Regards,
> > joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...
>
> --
> Tallyho ! ]:8)
> Taglines below !
> --
> Be sure to use DEVICE=EXXON to screw up your environment.

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power.