Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:03:26 -0400
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [H] wify printer ?

Harvey,

Don't think using a PC would have helped.  Think what may have
happened was that somehow the laptop (PC) got coded as the printer's
"print server."  So that any print jobs had to be routed
thru the laptop(PC) for processing prior to actually being printed
(perhaps during a driver load during the initial install).  This
happened to me several times with my Brother CAT5e LAN printer.

Many de-install/install sessions later I finally got the printer to sit
by itself on the LAN without one of my PC's 'strapped' to it as a print
server.  I am getting very printer-shy now. They can be real animals
to deal with on a LAN.

My LAN is not WIFY, so all this may not even apply.  WIFY I know
next to zero about. Eek, machines on steroids with radio
transmitters....... :)  Just standard TCP/IP and ethernet on cable
is about all I can handle; and often badly at that! LOL!

Best,

Duncan