that looks like a fine board to me...core 2 quad is your ticket...

we seem to have very similar needs in a PC.

Brian Weeden wrote:
Right now I'm playing Orange Box (friggin AWESOME), Bioshock (when it
doesn't crash), Civ 4, and AOE 3.  I'm mainly an RTS / strategy gamer
but do grab the occasional FPS but only the ones with good first
person as I don't get into the multiplayer shooters much.

For mobo I was looking at the  ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131196

Dual video cards is not something I plan on doing anytime soon but
onboard USB, Fireware, LAN, and audio is.